Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Back to Life

I have now been in school for 42 days and here are some highlights of my semester thus far:

1. Being back in Rexburg is the best! I love everything about being here.  It is so nice to be back in a place where I am uplifted in every class and there is a Temple just right up the road, and less than 50 yards from campus.  My first week here I just thought the sky was so beautiful and the Temple too, I just had to walk up and snap some pictures!
Here is another:
2. I love my classes and schedule. My classes include: The Middle East, English, Origins of the Universe, History and Philosophy of Education, Scripture Study Skills, and Beginner Piano.  I'm learning so much this semester and I'm really enjoying the subject matter of each class.

3. Conference Weekend was so much fun.  My dad provided me with tickets for Saturday Morning and Sunday Afternoon.  All the talks given were excellent as always.  I feel as though the motif of conference was repentance and agency. Would you agree? I went with my roommates Kristin and Mckenzy and we had so much fun being small town girls in the big city for the weekend.  We shopped and dined at the Gateway, went to a Polynesian dance at the SLCC, nope not a dance club but the Salt Lake Community College.  We went toe the Pie and ordered a pizza entirely too large for the 8 of us that were there.  Wir gehen also to a German Deli in downtown Salt Lake.  I ordered in German, and was impressed with what I remembered. Overall it was a ton of fun!
Our super large pizza!
We wanted to take a picture on the "Brides Pedestal" as it is called.

In the Conference Center at the Sunday Afternoon session. What a beautiful building!

4.  I promise that I went shooting and to a potato farm! I don't have any pictures, but I did indeed shoot a shotgun, and I hit 2 skeet! Excellent.  Then I went on a tour of a potato farm during the potato harvest here.  There were sooo many potatoes! And that was just one farm! I stood on the top of a potato mountain about 50 yards high! I could be wrong about my measurements, but just know, it was a mountain, and it was big!

5. My piano teacher lent me a piano music book of Christmas songs.  I have now learned "Carol of the Bells".  I simply can not wait till Christmas!

No comments: